9799692b348 Nivedhanam: South American Cachapas

Thursday, September 24, 2015

South American Cachapas

Do we all love recipes that are too simple, but looks exceptional??? Yeah... I am all for it.. You guessed it right, Today's recipe which I got from here is a very simple and elegant breakfast which is super quick to do... With just a few readily available ingredients, today we will relish a delicious pancake called cachapas from Venezuela. They are traditionally eaten with Queso de Mano (hand made cheese – soft one like mozzarella), but I used the cheese that I got locally here.

IMG_0809

IMG_0819

Ingredients

Corn Kernels - 3 cups
Corn Flour (yellow) - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tea spoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
Cheese - 1/2 cup (grated)
Oil - 1/2 tea spoon per cachapas

IMG_0817

Method

Add the corn kernels to a blender and blend to a smooth paste
You will not need much water, if you are using the fresh corn ears
Add the corn flour and blend again until all are well mixed
Transfer the batter to bowl. Add salt and pepper powder
WP_20150908_19_37_35_ProWP_20150908_19_43_49_ProWP_20150908_19_53_19_ProWP_20150908_19_59_39_ProWP_20150908_20_15_24_ProWP_20150908_20_15_57_Pro

Heat a tawa and pour 2 spoons of batter and make a small circle gently
After 30 seconds, add 1/4 tea spoon of oil
Slowly flip the cachapas and cook the other side
Now add 1/4 tea spoon oil and after 30 seconds, flip back
Now add cheese to one semi circle and cover the cachapas
Cook until the cheese melts (15 seconds or so)
Serve hot!!

IMG_0815

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56

IMG_0810

11 comments :

  1. Mouthwatering! This is basically dosa with corn! Very nice find from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. corn always tastes awesome ..combining it with cheese makes it all the more delicious..super !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god this cachapas are asking me to finish that plate, such a beautiful dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corn and cheese cachapas looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it when I had made this one, .such a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally new to me, Interesting recipe, will try soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. even i had made it last BM and loved it...they are more like fritters soft within...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cachapas look perfect. They must have tasted amazing with that corn kernels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy choice for cheese lovers.I made them for the world themed mega marathon and my daughter loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I made these for a previous BM, my kids loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feeling hungry looking at these awesome cachapas.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,
Thank you for reading my blog post. Your comments and feedback is very valuable and I appreciate it very much. Please leave your valuable comments and feedback for this post. Thanks Sowmya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...