Jowar Roti is a healthy and nutritious roti. You can serve this with any choice of side dish. I served it with tomato onion veg!! This is a great recipe to include millets in your diet as it is easy to do and also very tasty. This is my third choice for this week’s BM – Millets.
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Kezhvaragu or raagi dosa is a type of dosa made with Finger millet flour (raagi flour). Finger millet flour is healthy flour and eating it in a dosa form makes it tasty. Health meets taste in this recipe. This dosa will be chocolate brown in color. It is very quick to do and no soaking required. It tastes best when serve hot with tomato pickle. It can also be accompanied by Curd or Sugar.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Today is first day of Aadi month and is celebrated with a sweet, special food items. Here is a delicious and a almost guilt free sweet which has no processed ingredients. We would have heard about rava kesari and also flavored ones like mango kesari, pineapple kesari etc. Today I added a little more extra twist by including healthy items and excluding the unhealthy ones. So here are my changes – ravai to thinai ravai, sugar to panam kalkandu and have reduced the ghee a big extent. It was very tasty and delicious. I have also not added pineapple essence or food color. That is optional. This kesari with thinai is so perfect to start this week’s marathon with the theme as millets!!
Rules / Guidelines for the event:
1.Event runs from July 16th - August 15th.
2.Cook and blog about a Vegan or Vegetarian dish which is Fiber rich. Eggs are not allowed. Please link the healthy and delicious entries with the help of the linky tool below.
3.Please add this announcement link and Kalyani's Series announcement page. This is compulsory.
4.Adding the logo is not mandatory but helps to spread the word.
5. Please send as many new entries as possible. More the merrier. Please limit the archive entries to 2
6.Non bloggers are also welcome to participate.Send me the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Your name and name of your blog
•Recipe and URL
•Picture of your dish.(max size is 200 kb)
About the event from Kalyani
1) No refined food is allowed and substitutions are more than welcome : For eg: Wholewheat or wholegrains instead of Maida, Palm sugar or jaggery instead of refined sugar. Olive or even groundnut oils instead of margarine and butter --- u get the drift.
2) Only Vegetarian / Vegan entries are allowed (eggs are not allowed).
3) A small write up on how you make / plan to make healthy changes in your kitchen would be highly appreciated. If you are sending multiple entries, you can truncate this info to a few lines.
4) Special focus can also be provided on usage of millets, wholegrains, vegan substitutes - as this series is not just for kids but a healthy eating lifestyle for the entire family. So diabetic specific cooking, arthritic specific cooking, kidney ailments specific cooking - you can write about all these that you do in your post.
Hope to see many recipes that are fiber rich!!!
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Adai is a very famous tiffin or heavy dinner. It is also a festive food made during Karthigai. Adai tastes best when served hot. Some will prefer to eat Adai as is. The famous accompaniment for Adai is Aviyal, but tomato urugai tastes great too. onions and vegetables add a great taste and flavor, but they are also optional based on preference, availability and occassions.
Friday, July 11, 2014
Vella Dosai is a sweet dosai made with wheat and jaggery. This dosai requires no side dish and tastes best when served hot or warm. Serve this for breakfast or a quick tiffin. It is delicious and so kid friendly. It becomes dull and rubbery once it gets cold. This is also done during Karthigai. It is a quick dosa and can be done in less than 30 minutes. This recipe will make 12 dosas.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Talk about inventions and this is my invention to a quick evening snack. This is a chat item which is very spicy and tangy. All the spices used in this dish are personal to choice, availability and preference. We bought the boca patty from the freezer section. This can also be served as a light dinner.